Provide legal representation and advice to the Company’s senior management team and various business units (collectively "clients"), primarily supporting Bancorp’s niche lending business lines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide timely, effective and accurate legal support to the company and its respective business units with primary focus on the securities-backed lines of credit, consumer and commercial credit products, specialized Small Business Administration lending and commercial fleet leasing. Duties include:
a. Consult with clients on a wide range of business strategies, including new credit-related products, services or operational practices and advise on legal risks associated with such strategies.
b. Support clients on transactional matters, including drafting, reviewing, interpreting and negotiating business agreements, consistent with the company’s policies, procedures and applicable law and supervisory guidance.
c. Interpret statutes, regulations, supervisory guidance and case law developments applicable to the company’s business activities and provide legal advice and counsel to clients accordingly.
d. Collaborate with the company’s compliance and risk management staff on legal and regulatory matters in connection with the implementation of the company’s risk management programs or other initiatives of the company.
e. Interact directly with counsel for the company’s affinity partners, third party service providers and vendors with respect to the provision of Bancorp’s products and services.
f. Collaborate with outside counsel in providing legal support on lending matters.
2. Maintain a working knowledge of a wide range of state and federal banking laws and regulations, principally in the area of lending and credit, as well as other corporate and commercial laws and regulations relevant to the company and its subsidiaries.
3. Monitor applicable statutory, regulatory and case law developments, assess the impact on the company’s products and services, and provide practical and accurate oral and written updates to affected clients.
4. Maintain familiarity with the company’s various lending business units and lending product lines with specific focus on the company’s non-purpose lending through securities-backed lines of credit and emerging credit sponsorship products.
5. Maintain familiarity with products and services offered through Bancorp’s various niche lending divisions.
6. Perform such other attorney duties as may be assigned by the company’s General Counsel.
Preferred experience, subject matter expertise and interest in:
“The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability."