- An undergraduate degree in Business, finance, accounting or a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years related experience in SBA credit underwriting preferred; or over 5 years of complex commercial credit underwriting and/or specialty lending experience
- A minimum of 1-2 years related experience in SBA lending
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Strong working knowledge of credit underwriting with formal bank credit training.
- Strong documentation knowledge including the ability to analyze and approve leases, purchase contracts, trust documents and other applicable paperwork
- Strong problem solving/negotiation skills and a broad understanding of all aspects of credit with the ability to balance client accommodation with the best interests of the lender.
- Strong credit and underwriting skills analysis including cash flow, balance sheet, financial ratio, industry analysis, etc. with an understanding of bank’s credit profile, credit policies and risk management objectives.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
“The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability."