You’ve got what it takes:
- A law degree from an accredited law school
- A license to practice law (in good standing)
- A minimum of 3 years successful and relevant experience in a law firm or in-house corporate legal capacity
- General familiarity with state and federal laws impacting the public companies and Bank Holding Companies, including Securities Act of 1933 and Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and related SEC and Nasdaq regulations, and the Bank Holding Company Act and related FRB regulations.
- General familiarity with federal banking safety and soundness and consumer protection regulations principally promulgated by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the Federal Reserve.
- Preferred experience, subject matter expertise and interest in:
- Bank Holding Company Act and related regulations
- General contract law, including vendor agreements
- Consumer protection laws and regulations
- General commercial secured and unsecured lending, including real estate
- Private label/affinity group arrangements for banking services
- Working knowledge of the investment advisory and custody industry, including knowledge of the relationships of broker-dealers, independent investment advisory firms, securities intermediaries/custodians of securities accounts
- Account Control Agreements and perfection of security interests under the Uniform Commercial Code
- Commercial credit transactions, including securitizations, and other concepts related to the origination, consummation and disposition of commercial loans
- Commercial vehicle and equipment leasing
Your credentials include:
- Familiarity with applicable laws and regulations impacting the regulation of federally insured depository institutions
- Familiarity with applicable laws and regulations impacting commercial banking transactions, including the ability to engage in legal research in order to maintain accurate and current knowledge of applicable commercial and banking laws and regulations
- Ability to understand key business and strategic objectives of the Company and integrate business, legal, and regulatory concepts in order to provide sound legal and business advice
- Ability to professionally interface (both orally and in writing) with senior executives, business unit management and staff, state and federal regulators and officials, outside counsel, and significant business partners
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive business information and to maintain high standards of confidentiality related thereto
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to achieve department goals and objectives consistent with the company’s standards of excellence
- Ability to manage multiple and/or shifting priorities, and produce professional and accurate work product, sometimes under time constraints
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Position is required to travel periodically in the United States
- Location in Wilmington, DE
Chart your career path at The Bancorp:
- Be part of an exceptional team focused on excellence, collaboration and high achievement.
- Follow your ambitions through professional development opportunities and performance management.
- Choose from a comprehensive benefits package.
- Thrive with a company that supports work-life balance and personal fulfillment.
- Maintain personal well-being through our wellness program.
- Join us in living a culture of compliance to ensure that every corner of our organization understands and fulfills its legal and regulatory obligations.
- Contribute to a diverse and inclusive workplace with your unique talents and perspective.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.