The VP, Conference and Event Manager will play a critical role in the organization and oversight in leading the strategic planning, execution and management of all conferences and events, ensuring each contribute to business growth and brand visibility. This individual will be responsible for a wide range of tasks including management of both internal and external events, budget management, personnel supervision, overseeing vendor relations, developing strategies for enterprise-wide events and driving process improvement initiatives. Excellent organizational, project management and negotiation skills are required, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects on various schedules at the same time.
1. Develops innovative strategies for enterprise-wide events to align with organizational goals and objectives.
2. Successful management of the efforts for each conference and event (including but not limited to: board meetings, trade shows, client appreciation events, networking events, product launches, employee events, etc.) with key stakeholders from concepting through debrief, ensuring a seamless execution for each event.
3. Manages and coordinates marketing initiatives aimed at increasing attendee engagement with the goal of elevating brand awareness and generating revenue.
4. Researches opportunities to elevate our presence at conference and events including sponsorships, ad placements, speaking engagements, etc.
5. Maintains budgets for each conference and event managed and prepares comprehensive budget reports for executive leadership and business partners.
6. Oversees vendor selection, negotiation and contract management to secure the most budget-friendly pricing.
7. Cultivates relationships with key stakeholders and business lines to understand their event requirements and align planning strategies accordingly.
8. Continuous assessment of conference and event processes and identify improvements to enhance efficiency, productivity and event success.
9. Keeps informed of industry and technology trends, implementing innovative, forward-thinking ways to enhance the event experiences.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Manages team of employees by overseeing day-to-day operations.
• Sets high performance standards and manages team performance in accordance with HR policies and procedures.
• Creates a flexible and energized work environment, fostering an atmosphere that enables employee trust and engagement.
• Inspires confidence and motivates employees to perform at their best level.
• Develops employees while effectively addressing performance issues.
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Hospitality or related field.
• 7-10 years event planning experience within financial services company or equivalent marketing firm.
• Tradeshow experience preferred.
• Flexibility to travel 4-6 times a year.
• Proven track record with the successful execution of events ranging from small to large.
• Experience in spearheading initiatives and managing teams.
• Solid understanding of budget management and cost control.
• Ability to be adaptable to address unforeseen challenges that may arise during the event planning process.
• Strong command of Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook. Excels in presentation skills.
• Comprehensive understanding of a creative workflow process from concept through production.
• Strong service-orientation.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Extroverted; relationship builder at all levels of the organization.
• Team oriented, collaborator; open minded to all ideas, feedback and suggestions.
• Strong time management qualifications.
• Creative thinking and problem-solving.
• Detail-oriented and able to work effectively in a deadline-driven environment.
▪ Promote a culture of high quality and continuous improvement that values learning, responsibility and commitment.
Diversity & Inclusion at The Bancorp Bank: click here
The Bancorp Bank, N.A. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or other protected category with respect to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Employment with The Bancorp Bank, N.A. includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, education, employment, OFAC, and social media background history.